Friday, June 26, 2009

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow and Somewhere Else The Next Day

Thursday last week I started in Ohio at a truckstop called Gulliver's Travels and went over the top of Ohio to Detroit, Mich, then out across Michigan through Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and south to northwest Missouri near Kansas City. From there up to Omaha, Neb. Then, back across and up Iowa through Des Moines to Minnesota to Minneapolis.


Next up was a trip across Wisconsin to Madison to Milwaukee and then south to drop a load in Chicago. I was going to stay in Chicago, when I got a sudden load to Denver, Colorado, pick up was in Hartford, north of Milwaukee. Back up to Wisconsin. More cheese. Bombed across Wisconsin, back through Rockford, Illinois and out I 80 again. And.. yes, once again through Iowa! More corn. 3 times I have travelled through Des Moines this week. East, West and North, South.

This morning I cruised into Denver, had two stops and then holed up in The Flying J Truckstop..with WIFI :-) The mountains are snow capped and the low is predicted to be 55.

This week, I saw signs for the boyhood homes of Thomas Edison, Herbet Hoover, Ronald Reagan and Bob Feller. Farm fields stretched for miles in every state I've been to. Western Nebraska and eastern Colorado are extremely flat until you're on top of Denver, then the mountains go up like a wall. They're snow capped right now.

With the trip to Michigan, I have now completed every state east of the Mississippi. Working on all 50 and all the Canadian Providences. I used to want to do Mexico, but Laredo, TX is about it for me with all the border trouble.

The thing about this job, is that I never know where I'm headed. Nothing predictable. Kinda like Hot Air Ballooning. Once you go up, it depends on the wind. So, right now, I'm a nomadic gypsy with no direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment